This new free extension of our ‘taste of Slimming World’ app enables you – our members – to keep track of your 15 Syns each day, staying beautifully in control during your slimming journey.
You can search for Syns and Free Food, find and save your favourites and create ‘today’s Syns’ list. You can view previous days’ Syns.
Q. I can’t access the app
A. The Syns area of our app is only available to Slimming World group members while they’re attending group, and to Slimming World Online members. You’ll need to be connected to the web in order to log in and search for new products.
Group members must be registered with our free website, LifelineOnline. Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/login to register.
If you haven’t registered with LifelineOnline, you haven’t attended group for 4 weeks, or your Slimming World Online membership has ended, you won’t be able to access this area of the app. If you’re a target member, just like LifelineOnline you’ll be able to access the app while you’re attending group at least once every 6-8 weeks. Once you return to group, and re-register with LifelineOnline, your access to the app will return.
Q. How do I log in?
A. Please use the same username and password to log on to the app as you use to access LifelineOnline or Slimming World Online. If you change your password or username online, you’ll need to use your new details to access the app.
Q. Me and my friend want to use the app on one phone – how do we do that?
A. Unfortunately, only one set of log in details can be saved on your handset.
Q. How do I sync today’s Syns with my online food diary?
A. I’m sorry, the app doesn’t synchronise with the website at the moment. This is purely your ‘at-a-glance’ list. We are looking at ways to give you additional mobile access to tools and features online, and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know when this is available.
Q. Why isn’t there a Syns Calculator?
A. We’ve focused initially on adding the tool that most members requested during our poll earlier this year – and that was Syns Online. We are looking at ways to give you additional mobile access to tools and features online, and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know when this is available.
Q. I can’t find the product I’m looking for – help!
A. Firstly, please double-check the spelling. Then
- Try a different keyword or use fewer keywords
- Use the Syns Calculator on LifelineOnline or Slimming World Online.
- Please call the Syns Hotline on 09068 518 518. (Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm. If possible please have the product packaging with you when calling. (Calls are charged at 65p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may be considerably higher, please contact your service provider for more information). The Syns Hotline team is unable to provide App support.
Q. How do I search for products?
- Each day, get started by pressing [Add] or ‘Search Syns Online’.
- Use any keyword to search for non-branded or branded foods. The more keywords you enter, the more accurate the results should be.
- To see the Syn values on the different Food Optimising choices, tap on the Extra Easy, Original and Green buttons at the top.
- To add a product to ‘Today’s Syns’, tap on the [+] button. If you’re viewing the Extra Easy Syns list, your today’s Syns will automatically default to the Extra Easy choice. Likewise with Green and Original.
- To change the plan you’re enjoying, click on [change]. Because Syn values may differ on our different plans, you’ll be asked to confirm that you’re changing the plan you’re enjoying. You can change plans as many times during the day as you like.
Q. How do I save favourites?
A. To save your favourites, tap on the [star] symbol next to that product. This will automatically add it to your favourites list on the app.
To add a favourite to ‘Today’s Syns’ press [add] then click ‘My Favourites’. As long as you have favourites stored, you can add them by pressing the [+] button.
Q. How do I view previous days?
A. To view previous days’ Syns, use the [arrow] buttons. Only ‘Today’s Syns’ list is editable.
Q. How do I update yesterday’s Syns?
A. I’m afraid the app only allows you to add Syns to ‘Today’s Syns’.
Q. How do I plan tomorrow’s Syns?
A. I’m afraid the app only allows you to add Syns to ‘Today’s Syns’. You can still search for Syn values and save your favourites.