Slimming World members take on the London Marathon 2017
On 23rd April, many of our fantastic slimmers are taking to the streets of the capital to embark in the Virgin Money London Marathon. The Slimming World team will be raising money for Cancer Research UK and the Irish Cancer Society in a bid to increase awareness of how keeping a healthy weight improves health and helps to prevent the risk of developing some types of cancer.
Our national team of 11 slimmers from across the UK have lost an incredible 75st between them:
- Georgina Wallace — Feltham-based Georgina, 40, has lost an amazing 8st 0.5lbs through Slimming World. She was also crowned Consultant of the Year 2015 and this is her first full marathon.
- Rebecca Schrod — 25-year-old Rebecca joined Slimming World in Basildon after a recommendation from a friend and went on to lose 9st 7lbs! She is now taking part in her first London marathon.
- Mat Jones — Mat from Port Talbot has lost a wonderful 7st 7lbs. Since losing weight, he has completed lots of 10k races but this will be his longest distance run.
- Rachel Edmunds — Rachel, 40, joined Slimming World to lose a whopping 12st 7lbs. Now a regular runner, Rachel has completed a half marathon and is now going for the full 26.2miles.
- Emma Holmes — Emma, a member from Nuneaton, has lost a super 2st 1.5lbs. Emma has completed numerous 5k races and half marathons - this will be the first time she’s competed in the London Marathon.
- Andrew Geldard — 34-year-old Andrew from Portland, has lost an amazing 5st 2½lbs. Running for Cancer Research UK, Andrew has finished lots of races including more than 100 Parkruns and an awe-inspiring 27 marathons!
- Nikki Ayling — Nikki, 25, from Portsmouth has lost an amazing 7st 7lbs. After completing a Race for Life and two half marathons, Nikki is fulfilling her dream of finishing the London Marathon in memory of her Dad and Uncle.
- Hayley McKenna — Hayley from Coventry has lost a fabulous 7st 4.5lbs. She has now taken part in 5k’s, 10k’s, 10 mile races and a half marathon. This will be Hayley’s first marathon.
- Susan Brophy — Living in County Laois, Ireland, Susan has lost a marvellous 7st 9lbs and is running in support of the Irish Cancer Society. She has completed 5k and 10k races and is looking forward to the challenge of a full marathon.
- Lauren Pollard — Lauren in Ipswich has lost a fantastic 6st 2lbs. Since losing weight, Lauren has built up her activity levels and is now embracing her first London Marathon in aid of Cancer Research UK.
- Heidi Palmer – Heidi from Codnor Park, Nottinghamshire, lost 4st after the birth of her little girl. Raising money for Cancer Research UK, Heidi is now running her first London Marathon for her friend who is currently suffering from terminal brain cancer.
If you’d like to sponsor our amazing team and help them reach their fabulous £12,000 fundraising target you can donate any amount securely online at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/SWMarathonTeam2017.
Find your nearest group