Our indulgent home-made meringue nests are a joy to sink your teeth into and the filling will transport your tastebuds to a 'dessert' island!
- 2 large egg whites
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp sweetener granules
- ½ level tsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp white wine vinegar
- 150g plain quark
- 100g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe and wrinkly passion fruit
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/gas ½.
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper. Using a bowl or cup as a template, mark 4 x 10cm circles on the paper, spaced well apart, then flip over the paper so that the pencil marks are on the underside.
- Put the egg whites into a large clean bowl and whisk, using an electric hand whisk, until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the sugar and sweetener to form a stiff, glossy meringue. Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar and spoon the mixture into a piping bag (fitted with a star nozzle, if you like).
- Starting in the centre of each circle on the baking paper, pipe the pavlova mixture in a spiral to form a flat disc, then pipe 2 lines of meringue around the edge of each disc to form the walls of the nests. Bake for 45 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the nests in the oven for at least 3 hours or overnight to cool and dry out.
- When you are almost ready to serve, beat the quark and yogurt in a bowl until smooth. Halve the passion fruit and scoop the pulp into a bowl with a teaspoon.
- Carefully peel the pavlova nests off the paper, spoon in some of the quark mixture and top with banana slices and passion fruit pulp. Serve straight away before the meringue has a chance to soften.
Tip: Save time by buying your meringue nests instead. Shop bought nests are a bit smaller than ours so this dessert will be 2½ Syns per serving if you have 1 each or 5 Syns per serving if you have 2 each.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group