Enjoy meltingly tender beef and chunky vegetables in a rich red wine sauce – a lovely warming supper.
- 800g lean stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 large leeks, thickly sliced
- 4 celery sticks, cut into large pieces
- 800ml beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas 3.
- Place the beef in a flameproof casserole dish with the garlic, carrots, leeks and celery.
- Stir in the stock, wine and tomatoes and add the bay leaf and mixed herbs. Season well and bring the mixture to the boil over a high heat.
- Cover tightly and transfer the casserole to the oven and cook for 2 - 2½ hours or until the beef is meltingly tender.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 27th February and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Free Food Feasts cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group