This Hungarian paprika-infused beef casserole is gorgeous slow-cooked to release the fab meaty flavours.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 700g braising steak, all visible fat removed, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tsp paprika, plus a pinch to garnish
- 283g jar flame-roasted peppers in vinegar, drained and chopped
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp beef concentrate
- 400g dried tagliatelle
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- 4 tbsp fat-free fromage frais
- A small handful of fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Heat a frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray and fry the beef until browned. Transfer to a flameproof casserole dish.
- Spray the frying pan with more low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, adding the paprika for the final minute. Add this to the casserole dish along with the peppers, tomato purée, beef concentrate and 275ml boiling water and stir over the heat until simmering. Cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to pack instructions and steam the cabbage for 5 minutes. Serve the goulash with the tagliatelle and cabbage, topped with fromage frais and sprinkled with chives and a pinch of paprika.
Tip: The goulash is freezer-friendly, not the fromage frais or pasta.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group