Our Food Optimised version of the much-loved Italian pasta dish is destined to be a dinner time regular in your home.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 700g jar passata
- 8 tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml beef stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g dried conchiglioni
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 200g mozzarella, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, chestnut mushrooms and beef mince and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the passata, tomato purée, stock, and dried herbs and bring to the boil. Season well, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the conchiglioni according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Remove the ragù from the heat and stir in the basil. Spoon half the sauce into a medium baking dish, spread out evenly, then top with the pasta. Spoon over the remaining sauce and scatter over the mozzarella. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbling, and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group