Cajun chicken soup
Curl up on the sofa with this spicy, satisfying soup – the whole family will love it too! It’s warming and packed full of fantastic flavours.
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 150g chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 level tsp artificial sweetener
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1.7 litres chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the green pepper, onion and celery with the crushed garlic until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken fillets into small pieces and dry fry them in the same pan for about 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes, oregano, artificial sweetener, Cajun seasoning, paprika, tabasco and stock. Simmer gently over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 17th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group