Rigatoni pasta with seared chicken, roasted courgettes, yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes, smothered in a rich tomato and herb sauce
- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- low calorie cooking spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Half a chicken stock cube
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 5 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 400g dried rigatoni (or other pasta shapes)
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7
- Put the courgette and pepper in a roasting tin then spray with low calorie cooking spray, season to taste and toss well.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway and adding the tomatoes 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, stock cube, basil, oregano and 250ml of water.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat, stir in the yogurt and season to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Spray a griddle pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the chicken strips and fry for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan, reserving a little of the cooking water. Stir through the tomato sauce, roasted vegetables and chicken plus a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water if needed. Season to taste and serve hot with your favourite salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group