Tami Dike from London says ‘A Food Optimising version of this Japanese curry favourite, well worth spending the time to make.’
For the chicken
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 240g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the curry sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fat free fromage frais
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Spray a large heavy-based saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the carrots and courgette and lightly fry for a further 4-5 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli powder and sweetener and evenly coat the vegetables. Add the stock, soy sauce and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place each chicken breast in some clingfilm and flatten with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser. Remove the clingfilm and dip the chicken in the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- For the sauce remove the bay leaf and pour the contents of the saucepan into a blender. Blitz until it becomes a thick, smooth sauce and stir in the fromage frais.
- To serve, slice the chicken breast into pieces, spoon over the curry sauce and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group