A brilliant budget one-pot wonder that's bursting with sunshine flavours and best of all - it's completely Free!
- 900g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 onions
- 2 large carrots
- 200g green beans
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 sprigs of tarragon
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chicken Bovril (from concentrate)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken into chunks. Peel and chop the onions. Peel the carrots and cut into thick batons. Halve the green beans. Slice the lemon. Chop the tarragon.
- Spray a large non-stick casserole dish with low calorie cooking spray. Place over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic bulb, stock and Bovril concentrate. Season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly with the lid and cook gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the greens beans and lemon slices to the casserole. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic bulb. Serve sprinkled with tarragon.
Tip: For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables, of your choice.
*Suitable for freezing
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 29th May and 18th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World Journal, saving an extra £14.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group