A delicious Free® North Indian-style curry packed with tender chicken, mushrooms and spinach in an aromatic sauce.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 200g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 ripe tomato, roughly chopped
- 100g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- large handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 4tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Add the mushrooms, ginger and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, tomato puree, stock cube and 300ml of water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, spinach and coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir the yogurt into the curry and season to taste. Serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group