Usually fried this Indian street food snack is baked here for a healthy, delicious starter.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 200g freshly mashed potato
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tsp roasted cumin seeds crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Place the chickpeas and onion in a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until roughly mashed. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric, egg, roasted coriander and cumin seeds and the chopped herbs. Season well with salt, cover and chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Divide the chickpea mixture into 12 portions and shape each one into a flat cake or patty.
- Place the patties on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve immediately with cucumber.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group