Chinese chicken and lettuce wraps
Delicious and bursting with flavour, these lettuce rolls are a great idea for entertaining or a family meal.
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 level tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 6 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A small handful each of roughly chopped fresh coriander and mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
- Place the chicken, lemon grass, lime leaves, red chilli, garlic, chives and ginger into a blender or food processor and blend briefly until everything is very finely chopped – be careful not to overblend, as you don’t want to make a paste.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until browned, then add the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat a little and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes, then add the spring onions and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat, pour over the lime juice and toss in the chopped
herbs. Season to taste and stir to mix well
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce (1½ Syns per level tablespoon).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 22nd July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! AND if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World's Sweet Dreams recipe book, saving an extra £14.85. After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group