Burgers for supper means smiles all round and the whole family will love these bean-packed veggie versions.
- 400g can haricot or cannellini beans, drained
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 1 small onion or shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 6 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and half the spring onions into a food processor and whizz to chop roughly. Transfer to a bowl, season to taste and stir in the beaten egg. Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and shape into burgers. Place on a baking tray sprayed lightly with low calorie cooking spray and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the Cajun seasoning, then arrange on a baking tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden
- When the wedges have been cooking for about 10 minutes, put the burgers on the oven shelf below the wedges and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, tomatoes and remaining spring onions in a bowl and season to taste
- Serve the bean burgers with the wedges, chunky sauce and your favourite salad
Tip: Cajun seasoning is a ready-mixed blend of cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano but if you can't find it, a sprinkling of salt, pepper and mild chilli powder will make your wedges taste fantastic.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group