Burgers for supper means smiles all round and the whole family will love these bean-packed veggie versions.
- 400g can haricot or cannellini beans, drained
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 1 small onion or shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 6 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and half the spring onions into a food processor and whizz to chop roughly. Transfer to a bowl, season to taste and stir in the beaten egg. Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and shape into burgers. Place on a baking tray sprayed lightly with low calorie cooking spray and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and toss with the Cajun seasoning, then arrange on a baking tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden
- When the wedges have been cooking for about 10 minutes, put the burgers on the oven shelf below the wedges and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, tomatoes and remaining spring onions in a bowl and season to taste
- Serve the bean burgers with the wedges, chunky sauce and your favourite salad
Tip: Cajun seasoning is a ready-mixed blend of cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano but if you can't find it, a sprinkling of salt, pepper and mild chilli powder will make your wedges taste fantastic.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group