This satisfying pasta soup provides a tasty alternative to many canned soups.
- 1 onion, 3 carrots, 2 potatoes, 3 tomatoes and 2 parsnips
- 125g each spinach and cabbage
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 7 tbsp passata
- 150g dried pasta
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped thyme
- Roughly chop the vegetables. In a pan sauté the onion in low calorie cooking spray. Add a little stock and the Italian seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining stock, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, parsnips and passata and simmer for about 1 hour (add water if you want a runnier soup).
- Add the pasta and cook until almost tender. Stir in the spinach, cabbage and beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Slow-cooker alternative: Brown your onion in a frying pan using low calorie cooking spray for 2-3 minutes. Spray your slow cooker with low calorie cooking spray and add all the ingredients except the pasta. Cover and cook on ‘medium’ for 4 to 6 hours. 45 minutes before serving add the pasta.
- Season with black pepper and serve garnished with thyme.
Tip: You can vary the vegetables, beans and herbs you use when making this soup.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group