This satisfying pasta soup provides a tasty alternative to many canned soups.
- 1 onion, 3 carrots, 2 potatoes, 3 tomatoes and 2 parsnips
- 125g each spinach and cabbage
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 7 tbsp passata
- 150g dried pasta
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped thyme
- Roughly chop the vegetables. In a pan sauté the onion in low calorie cooking spray. Add a little stock and the Italian seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining stock, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, parsnips and passata and simmer for about 1 hour (add water if you want a runnier soup).
- Add the pasta and cook until almost tender. Stir in the spinach, cabbage and beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Slow-cooker alternative: Brown your onion in a frying pan using low calorie cooking spray for 2-3 minutes. Spray your slow cooker with low calorie cooking spray and add all the ingredients except the pasta. Cover and cook on ‘medium’ for 4 to 6 hours. 45 minutes before serving add the pasta.
- Season with black pepper and serve garnished with thyme.
Tip: You can vary the vegetables, beans and herbs you use when making this soup.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group