Tender lamb grilled with fragrant Mediterranean herbs and garlic is a popular feature of Greek cookery. If wished, you can use the souvlakia as a filling for mini pitta breads.
- 350g lean lamb fillet
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano and rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
for the Minty Yogurt:
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- A few coriander leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the lamb fillet into small cubes. In a bowl, mix together the onion, garlic, herbs, cumin, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and seasoning. Add the lamb and stir gently until it is completely coated in the marinade mixture. Set aside in a cool place to marinate for about 1 hour.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and cook under a preheated hot grill or on a barbecue for 4-5 minutes, until crisp and a little charred. Turn the lamb over occasionally so that it cooks evenly. Do not overcook; ideally, lamb should be pink and juicy inside.
- Mix all the minty yogurt ingredients together and serve with the lamb, with a crisp salad. Crisp lettuce, spring onions, sliced juicy tomatoes and chunks of cucumber go well with this dish.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group