Give the ultimate picnic food a Thai twist by serving up these spicy-coated chicken legs at your next barbecue or picnic. As long as you remove all the skin, this luscious finger food is totally Free!
- 8 large, skinless chicken drumsticks
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- With a sharp knife, make a few cuts in the flesh of each drumstick.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a wide ceramic bowl and season to taste.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade, rubbing the mixture well into the meat. If you have time, cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Cook them on the barbecue for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
(Alternatively, roast in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Or cook under a preheated hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning often). Serve warm or cold.
Tip: Marinades really help tenderise meat and keep it moist while cooking as well as adding flavour. Here are some great ideas for Free and low Syn marinades:
1) lemon or lime juice
2) soy sauce
3) honey (½ Syn per level tsp)
4) fat free natural yogurt
5) ground and whole spices, fresh root ginger and chillies
6) fresh and dried herbs
Video: Green curry chicken drumsticks
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 28th May and 17th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World Journal, saving an extra £14.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group