This creamy goulash with meltingly tender beef is an ideal dish for feeding a crowd.
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 225g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green peppers, deseeded & diced
- 900g lean braising steak
- 2 level tbsp paprika pepper
- ¼ level tsp caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of marjoram
- Pinch of thyme
- 275g fat free natural fromage frais
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/130°C Fan/Gas 2. Place the tomatoes and onions in a pan and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak into 5cm strips and place in a casserole dish. Add the paprika, caraway seeds, bay leaf, marjoram, thyme and tomato mixture and season well. Cover and cook for 1½ - 1¾ hours.
- Beat the fromage frais until smooth then pour over the casserole just before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group