Jewelled fruit trifle
If you love jelly and custard, you’ll love this gorgeously creamy dessert! A classic pud, Slimming World style!
- 7 sponge fingers
- 2 tbsp sweet sherry
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1 pack strawberry sugar-free jelly
- 275g mixed fruit (such as cherries, blueberries and pomegranate seeds)
- 250g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
- 150g canned low-fat custard
- 1 vanilla pod
- Arrange the sponge fingers in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Mix together the sherry and apple juice and drizzle over. Set aside to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the jelly according to packet instructions. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the sponge fingers. Scatter over half the mixed fruit and chill overnight, or until set
- Mix the quark with the low-fat custard. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and stir in the seeds. Pour this over the jelly and chill for a further 20 minutes before serving topped with the remaining fruit.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group