Jewelled fruit trifle
If you love jelly and custard, you’ll love this gorgeously creamy dessert! A classic pud, Slimming World style!
- 7 sponge fingers
- 2 tbsp sweet sherry
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1 pack strawberry sugar-free jelly
- 275g mixed fruit (such as cherries, blueberries and pomegranate seeds)
- 250g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
- 150g canned low-fat custard
- 1 vanilla pod
- Arrange the sponge fingers in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Mix together the sherry and apple juice and drizzle over. Set aside to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the jelly according to packet instructions. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the sponge fingers. Scatter over half the mixed fruit and chill overnight, or until set
- Mix the quark with the low-fat custard. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and stir in the seeds. Pour this over the jelly and chill for a further 20 minutes before serving topped with the remaining fruit.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 21st January and get free membership and two free weeks when you buy a 12 week Countdown - saving £19.90!
Or pay weekly and get half-price membership - just £5 to join and £4.95 a week. That's £9.95 to pay at your first group - saving £5!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group