A succulent, slow-cooked classic for when only meat and potatoes will do
- 8 lamb leg steaks, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 large onions, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml lamb stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 800g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3. Place a large casserole dish sprayed with Frylight over a high heat. Cook the lamb in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes each, or until browned. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon, cover and set aside.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots to the dish and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée and stock, and bring to the boil.
- Return the lamb to the dish, stir in the bay leaves and remove from the heat. Arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the meat and veg, cover and cook in the oven for 1½ hours, or until the potatoes and lamb are tender.
- Turn up the heat to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6, spray the potato slices with low calorie cooking spray and cook the hotpot for a further 10 minutes, uncovered, until golden. Garnish with the parsley and serve.
Tip: Make it a beef hotpot by using 800g beef stewing steak (all visible fat removed) in place of the lamb.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 22nd July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! AND if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World's Sweet Dreams recipe book, saving an extra £14.85. After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group