Mighty mixed grill
Treat your family to this mighty Food Optimising meal - they'll never know it's good for them! With juicy steak, gammon, lamb chops, tomatoes, mushrooms and chips, just try letting them tell you it’s ‘diet food’!
- 200g potatoes, skin on
- Large field mushrooms
- Lean steak - fillet, sirloin, rump, whichever cut you fancy
- Gammon steak
- Lamb chops - fat trimmed off
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9.
- Remove any blemishes or 'eyes' from the potato. Slice lengthwise into thick rectangular chips, leaving the skin on.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and remove the stalks from the field mushrooms.
- Place all the meat under a moderate grill and then grill until cooked to your liking.
- Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to 'rough up' the edges of the chips - this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.
- Spray a metal baking tray with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place the mushrooms and tomatoes alongside your meat under the grill, then cook until the tomatoes are softened and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Make your poached eggs by whisking a saucepan of lightly simmering water into a whirlpool. Drop the eggs, one at a time, into the centre and add a few drops of vinegar to the water to stop the white breaking up.
- Arrange all the meat on a (huge) plate, with the chips, and then place the tomatoes, mushrooms and eggs on top.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 17th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group