New potato and bacon salad with asparagus
We’ve teamed Speed food asparagus with bacon, new potatoes, eggs, tomatoes and spinach for a ‘best of British’ salad.
- 200g baby new potatoes
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 200g lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 eggs
- 200g asparagus tips
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 150g baby leaf spinach
for the dressing
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 5 tbsp fat free vinegarette
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat. Add the garlic and bacon and cook slowly for 8-10 minutes or until the bacon is starting to sizzle and crisp up. Remove the garlic clove and set the pan aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, add the eggs to a pan of boiling water and boil for 7-8 minutes. Cool in cold water, then peel, halve and set aside.
- Cook the asparagus tips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain, tip into a bowl of ice-cold water, then drain again and set aside.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and season well.
- Place the potatoes, bacon, eggs, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and baby leaf spinach on a wide serving platter. Drizzle over the dressing, toss gently and season well to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group