New potato and bacon salad with asparagus
We’ve teamed Speed food asparagus with bacon, new potatoes, eggs, tomatoes and spinach for a ‘best of British’ salad.
- 200g baby new potatoes
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 200g lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 eggs
- 200g asparagus tips
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 150g baby leaf spinach
for the dressing
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 5 tbsp fat free vinegarette
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-low heat. Add the garlic and bacon and cook slowly for 8-10 minutes or until the bacon is starting to sizzle and crisp up. Remove the garlic clove and set the pan aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, add the eggs to a pan of boiling water and boil for 7-8 minutes. Cool in cold water, then peel, halve and set aside.
- Cook the asparagus tips in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain, tip into a bowl of ice-cold water, then drain again and set aside.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and season well.
- Place the potatoes, bacon, eggs, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and baby leaf spinach on a wide serving platter. Drizzle over the dressing, toss gently and season well to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group