Peppers, onions and paprika add sweetness to the pork in this Spanish-style dish, while the fromage frais adds a lovely creaminess: it’s the perfect dish for keeping the cold nights at bay.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large Spanish onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 500g lean pork fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onions and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the pork and cook for 4 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle over the paprika and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir most of the fromage frais into the pork mixture and heat gently for 2 minutes. Season to taste, garnish with the remaining fromage frais and parsley, if using, and serve with boiled rice and vegetables of your choice.
Tip: Pork tenderloin is very lean and the vacuum-packed kind offers the best value.
*This dish is suitable for freezing, you can freeze this dish for up to 4 months just omit the fromage frais
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 27th February and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Free Food Feasts cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group