Rev up your pasta with this spicy tomato and chilli sauce.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- A pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 500g passata
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g penne pasta
- Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Cook the onion, garlic, herbs and chilli flakes for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the passata and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a crisp green salad.
Tip: This sauce is also delicious using 1 or 2 finely chopped red chillies instead of the dried chilli flakes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 22nd July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! AND if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World's Sweet Dreams recipe book, saving an extra £14.85. After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group