“This Piri Piri pork started off as a ‘make-shift’ dinner using whatever ingredients I had in the cupboards – now it’s a firm family favourite!” says Rebecca Low from Essex. “Replacing the traditional Piri Piri chicken with pork gives this dish a whole new twist – I hope you all enjoy it!”
- 4 thick pork loins, all fat removed
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, chopped
- Free vegetables of your choices (fresh or frozen) carrots, baby sweetcorn, courgettes, peppers
- 400g can tomatoes (chopped or plum)
- 500ml passata
- Schwartz Piri Piri Seasoning (we used 2 level tbsp, and you can use more or less to your taste)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Seal the pork in a frying pan, then place in a large oven tray sprayed with low calorie cooking spray.
- Roughly chop your vegetables (if using frozen there’s no need).
- Boil the kettle and place the canned tomatoes, passata, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and the stock cubes into a large jug. Gradually add the piri piri seasoning, tasting as you go. Add approximately 50ml of boiling water and stir until the stock cubes have dissolved.
- Place the vegetables over the pork in the tray, and then pour over the seasoned tomato mixture. Place in the oven for around 25-30 minutes minutes or until the pork and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
Tip: Serve with either salad and/or couscous.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group