Rich meaty flavours of beef and bacon make this pasta dish a smart meal for midweek - or an impressive dish if you've got friends coming over.
- 450g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon, all visible fat removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 350g dried rigatoni pasta
- A watercress, rocket and spinach salad, to serve
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef and bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the beef is browned all over. Add the garlic, leek, pepper and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Divide the pasta between four warmed bowls and spoon over the ragu. Serve immediately with the salad.
Tip: Make the sauce in advance and freeze, ideal for a quick meal.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 25th February and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Free & Easy cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group