This is often a side dish on the takeaway menu – our version brings this delicately spiced and very filling meat-free classic into the spotlight!
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml boiling vegetable stock
- Large bag baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
- Red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Spray a non-stick wok or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the red onion, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the potatoes and peppers and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn the heat to low and add the ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder. Season well and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the spinach and let it wilt into the potato mixture. Season well and scatter over the coriander and chilli, if using.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group