These braised prawns have a fiery kick – some like it hot!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp finely grated garlic
- 8 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 700g raw or defrosted frozen jumbo prawns
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 whole dried red chillies
- 1 tsp Chinese black vinegar or cider vinegar
- A pinch of sweetener
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spring onion and red chilli, thinly shredded, to garnish
For the stir-fried veg:
- 400g choi sum, or pak choi, roughly chopped
- 300g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp finely grated garlic
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and spring onions for 10-20 seconds, add the prawns and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato purée, stock, dried chillies, vinegar and sweetener. Season and continue to stir-fry for another 5-6 minutes over a high heat until the prawns turn pink and are cooked. Cover and keep warm.
- Spray a separate pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the choi sum, mushrooms, ginger and garlic and
stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and 2 tbsp water, cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- To serve, garnish the prawns with the shredded spring onions and red chilli and serve with the stir-fry veg.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group