A traditional crumble with a blast of zesty citrus zing
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g Bramley apples, halved, cored and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange and 1 tbsp finely grated zest
- 3-4 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 clove
- 350g ripe plums, stoned and quartered
- 4 reduced-fat digestive biscuits
- 1 level tbsp plain porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Lightly spray an ovenproof crumble or pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the apples in a pan with the orange juice and zest, sweetener, cinnamon sticks, clove and 1 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, then cover over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the plums and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks and clove and then transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared dish. Put the biscuits in a food processor with the oats, ground cinnamon and ginger and pulse briefly into a coarse crumb mixture.
- Scatter the crumble over the fruit and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Divide into 6 portions and serve with the fromage frais.
Tip: If you're entertaining, you can make individual crumbles by dividing the mixture between 6 small pie dishes or ramekins and reducing the baking time to 12-15 minutes.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group