This is the perfect accompaniment for grilled steaks, pork, lamb, chicken and burgers. It tastes much better than the commercial brands you can buy - and it's lower in Syns
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder or few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onion and garlic over a low heat until soft golden and translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato purée and cook gently until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with grilled food
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group