This is the perfect accompaniment for grilled steaks, pork, lamb, chicken and burgers.
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder or few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onion and garlic over a low heat until soft golden and translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato purée and cook gently until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with grilled food
Tip: Switch Worcestershire sauce for any Free alternative to make the recipe vegetarian friendly
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group