This tasty veggie recipe was sent to us by member Katie Cockburn from Northamptonshire. "These spicy vegetable pakoras are great for lunchboxes and make a lovely side dish for any Indian-style menu" She says.
- 2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency with no butter or milk
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
- 3-4 tbsp fat free yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables into a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add this to the vegetable mix and stir thoroughly.
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mix should still be quite firm, but if it's too runny add more vegetables.
- Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent the pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon sized ''dollops''.
- Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes - or until firm on the outside and golden brown
- Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.
Tip: Tip: I prefer to eat these once they have cooled, with a raita made from fat free yogurt, mint sauce and chopped coriander. They make a great Friday-night TV treat!
Add chunks of pre-cooked chicken tikka and make them a delicious Syn-free meal.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 22nd July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! AND if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World's Sweet Dreams recipe book, saving an extra £14.85. After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group