Couscous lends itself to all kinds of different flavours; here it's packed full of summer vegetables that'll bring sunshine to your plate.
- 225g couscous, dried
- 110g small courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 110g baby carrots, trimmed
- 110g thin green beans, trimmed
- 110g mangetout, trimmed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 110g cherry tomatoes
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free vinaigrette dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 15-20 minutes, then drain in a colander and transfer the couscous to a serving bowl. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the courgettes, carrots, beans and mangetout in the top of a steamer and steam gently over simmering water for 6-8 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, grill the pepper and cherry tomatoes under a preheated hot grill until slightly charred. Peel the pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small chunks.
- Season the hot vegetables with salt and pepper and then toss them gently in the vinaigrette and lemon juice.
- Pile the vegetables on top of the couscous, spooning over any leftover vinaigrette, and serve sprinkled with coriander and more black pepper.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group