This is the easiest way to make a risotto - ever! The nutty, slightly spicy flavour of sweet potato makes it the perfect partner to the creamy rice in this simple dish.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 250g risotto rice, dried
- 200g sweet potato flesh, cut into 1cm dice
- 1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 125g frozen peas
- Place the onion, garlic, rice, sweet potato and stock in the slow cooker.
- Season, cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Uncover, stir in the green beans and peas.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and the rice is tender. Serve straight away.
Tip: For extra Italian flavour stir in 1 level tbsp green pesto (1 Syn per level tbsp) or a little grated Parmesan cheese (1½ Syns per level tbsp).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 22nd July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! AND if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World's Sweet Dreams recipe book, saving an extra £14.85. After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group