This mildly hot veggie chilli is mouth-watering. Our amazing chilli cream is the ideal accompaniment and will get everyone talking!
- 3 large red chillies
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 500g Quorn mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with chilli and garlic
- 500g passata with herbs
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 6 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- Deseed and finely chop two of the red chillies. Spray a large, deep
saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and add the chopped chillies,
onion, garlic and peppers. Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle over the cumin, cinnamon and paprika and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring well.
- Stir in the Quorn mince, tomatoes, passata, kidney beans and 300ml
of cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use long-handled tongs to cook the remaining chilli directly over an open flame, carefully turning until charred. Place the chilli into a plastic food bag, seal and leave to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the chilli’s blackened skin and seeds. Using the blade of a knife, mash the chilli flesh and stir into the fromage frais.
Tip: Serve the chilli with the chilli cream and boiled rice.
If you don’t have a gas hob or you don’t want to cook the chillies over an open flame, you can roast them in an oven preheated to 200°C/ 180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 10 minutes then steam in a bag as above.
This recipe is suitable for freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group