Tuna and pasta bake
This homely recipe utilises everyday store cupboard ingredients - pasta, canned tomatoes and tuna. It's a great way of using up some leftover pasta and creating an easy, nourishing meal.
- 400g dried pasta shapes
- 1 x 200g can tuna in brine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions then drain well.
- Drain the tuna and flake with a fork into small chunks. Put the tuna in a shallow ovenproof dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the top. Add the spring onions, chopped tomatoes and capers, if using.
- Add the cooked pasta to the dish, mix lightly and season to taste. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top and spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group