A lentil dhal bursting with hearty vegetables and fragrant Indian spices.
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 20g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 200g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can brown or green lentils, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 120g baby leaf spinach
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g fat free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the roasted red pepper, ginger and garlic in a small food processor with 100ml water and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Add the pepper purée, spices, tomato purée, carrots and 650ml boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, lentils and tomatoes plus 2 tbsp water if needed and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach and fresh coriander and cook for 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve with the yogurt. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group