At Slimming World, our vision is to make a real difference to as many people's lives as we can… and we do.
We want to ensure that every Slimming World member's experience is a great one and that they feel we've done everything we can to support them.
For members who are blind or partially sighted
Many of our resources are available in different formats, to help meet your needs.
If you're a Group member who needs a New Member Pack in a larger print format or as an audio book on a series of CDs, please ask your Consultant. They'll happily order a copy from Head Office and bring it along to group. Online members who need access to these resources should contact the Online Support Team
We've also worked in conjunction with the RNIB to create a selection of audio recipe books, including:
- large print, audio or braille versions of the New Member Pack (free of charge as part of your membership package)
- audio versions of all of our most popular recipe books are also available. When you place your order contact the online support team to confirm your chosen format.
As well as these resources, we're continually working to improve the accessibility and usability of our websites. You can use the Slimming World website with a screen reader, screen magnifier or other access technology. It can be viewed on different screen sizes and the size of the text can be changed too. See website accessibility.
For members who are deaf or hard of hearing
- We have a New Member Talk video with subtitles for members of our Online and group services. Click My Weight Loss Plan on the menu and select Getting Started with Food Optimising.
- Your group venue may have audio loops you can use.
- If you're attending group please ask your Consultant if you could sit closer, or within the direct line of sight of your Consultant for lip reading purposes.
- Your Consultant will be happy to discuss your requirements to see if they can be accommodated. If you'd like to organise a British Sign Language interpreter to come to group and sign for you please discuss this with them.
Members who require wheelchair access
Our Consultants will be able to give you information about wheelchair access in their venues, they can also answer questions about…
- Does the venue have a ramp for access?
- Are there disabled parking spaces?
- Is there a disabled toilet?
If you're worried about the weighing in process, please do talk to your Consultant about the options available. The safest way for our disabled members to be weighed in is by a health professional, however some Consultants may be able to offer alternative solutions if you would like to be weighed in group.
You'll find your nearest Slimming World groups here
Just as we're committed to making our groups as accessible to as many people as we can, we're committed to providing web content that's accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of disability, capability or technology.
We're constantly working to increase the accessibility and usability of our websites for all our visitors, and work in line with many of the available standards and guidelines.
We endeavour to meet level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and our website has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and, by using standards compliant code, any future browsers should also display it correctly.
Using the Slimming World website
Our site has been designed to be used with a screen reader, screen magnifier or other access technology. You can view the site at different screen sizes and the size of the text can be changed too. We've also included a search facility and a site map to help people find information more easily.
Using your browser, you can change the size of text on this website. The BBC website has lots of useful information on how make your screen more readable.
Contacting us about accessibility
If you would like to contact us about any accessibility issues or suggestions we'd love to hear from you. Please use our Contact Us form or phone our Disability Access number (01773) 300 173