Caribbean turkey and vegetable stew
A vibrant twist to a traditional stew. We’ve combined chunks of turkey with mixed peppers, cherry tomatoes and spicy jerk flavours to bring you a dish that tastes as fresh as it looks
1 hour 30 minutes-2 hours
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 750g skinless and boneless turkey breast steaks, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 level tbsp gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
Put all the ingredients into a large casserole dish, place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Season well.
Cover the dish with a lid and transfer to the oven.
Cook for 1½-2 hours or until the turkey is tender.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the thyme leaves before serving.