Luxury all in one fish pie
The ultimate comfort food, this fish pie has a carrot and swede mash topping and is super easy as there’s no separate sauce to make
- 400g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g fat-free natural yogurt
- 150g quark
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g skinless cod fillets, cooked and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 200g skinless smoked haddock fillets, cooked and flaked
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 200g cooked and peeled prawns
- Juice of ½ lemon
Start by making the topping. Put the carrots and swede into a large pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash. Allow to cool, stir in the beaten egg and yogurt, season and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180° fan/gas 6.
Place the yogurt, quark, dill and parsley in a saucepan and warm gently. Add the cod and haddock and cook for 5 minutes.
Place the quark and fish mixture in a large mixing bowl with the hard-boiled eggs, prawns and lemon juice, season and mix well. Transfer this mixture to a deep, ovenproof dish. Spoon the topping over the surface, then ruffle with a fork. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the topping is lightly browned.