Salmon curry in a hurry
If you need a curry fix and can’t wait, this speedy meal is for you!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp korma curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 500g frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the ginger and curry powder and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes.
Season the salmon pieces and add to the pan along with the broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
Remove from the heat, scatter over the coriander and serve with boiled dried basmati rice.