Strawberry and chocolate trifle
The dark chocolate drizzle gives these traditional trifles a decadent twist
20 minutes plus chilling
- 1 sachet of sugar-free strawberry jelly crystals
- 2 sponge fingers
- 100g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 200g ready-made, low-fat custard
- 300g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 25g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Make up the jelly according to the packet instructions and set aside to cool.
Break up the sponge fingers and divide between 4 dessert glasses. Pour over the cooled jelly and chill for 2 hours, or until set.
When set, divide over the strawberries, then the custard. Return to the fridge and chill for a further hour.
Spoon over the fromage frais and then melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and drizzle over.