Sweet vegetable risotto
This is the easiest ever way to make a risotto! The nutty, slightly spicy flavour of sweet potato makes it the perfect partner to the creamy rice in this simple dish
2 hours and 30 minutes in a slow-cooker
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 250g dried risotto rice
- 200g sweet potato flesh, cut into 1cm dice
- 1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 125g frozen peas
Place the onion, garlic, rice, sweet potato and stock in your slow-cooker.
Season, cover with the lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
Uncover and stir in the green beans and peas.
Cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and the rice is tender. Serve straight away.