Meet the 2018 Slimming World Marathon team
Our top team of ten runners have lost more than 85st between them and hope to spread the message that keeping a healthy weight reduces the risk of cancer.
They will be running to raise money for Cancer Research UK and the Irish Cancer Society in Ireland when they tackle the 26.2 mile London Marathon on April 22nd 2018.
Our national team of slimmers from across the UK are:
- Target member Gemma Bosanko has lost 4st and lives in Cumbria. She attends the Millom group run by Consultant Dawn Attwood.
- Target member Rachel Finch has lost 6st 9lbs and lives in Warrington. She attends the Great Sankey group run by Consultant Jenny Osborne.
- Target member Mark Gibbon has lost 8st 7lbs and lives in South East Wales. He attends the Chepstow group run by Consultant David Richardson.
- Consultant Jane Hammonds has lost 11st 3.5lbs and lives in Milton Keynes. She runs the Wolverton, Adderbury and Fairfields groups.
- Member Giles Macrow has lost 11st 7lbs and lives in Suffolk. He attends the Newmarket group run by Consultant Sarah Allan.
- Consultant Lynne McGrail has lost 6st 7.5lbs and lives in Kilmacud, Ireland. She runs the Dundrum groups.
- Target member Tara Merrell has lost 7st and lives in Basildon, Essex. She attends the Basildon group run by Consultant Clare Norman.
- Target member Neil Middleton has lost 10st 2lbs and lives in North East Derbyshire. He attends the Dronfield group run by Consultant Roz Newton.
- Target member Andy Wakefield has lost 14st and lives in Nottingham. He attends the Beeston group run by Consultant Gemma-Louise Williams.
- Target member Graeme Wharton has lost 7st 5lbs and lives in Sunderland. He attends the Ryhope group run by Consultant Lisa Wharton.
If you’d like to sponsor our amazing team and help them reach their fundraising target you can donate online at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/swlondonmarathonteam2018.
Find your nearest group