These fruity bites are a breeze to make and oh-so glam.
- 100g ready-made light puff pastry
- 4 level tbsp ready-made low-fat custard
- 1 red dessert apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 level tbsp reduced-sugar apricot jam
- 1 level tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Fat-free natural fromage frais, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide the pastry into 4 portions, then roll each into an 8 x 10cm rectangle.
- Put the rectangles, widely spaced, on the baking tray and using a sharp knife, score a border about 5mm in from the edge of each.
- Spread the custard over the pastry and arrange the apple slices on top.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon and ginger and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sides of the pastries have puffed up and are slightly golden.
- Put the jam in a small pan and stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until melted. Lightly brush each pastry with the melted jam then serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and with a dollop of fromage frais.
Tip: For a rhubarb puff, cut 150g rhubarb into 6cm lengths and put in a pan with a little water and 2 tbsp. sweetener. Poach for 3-4 minutes, then use in place of the apple in step 1. Save 1/2 Syn per serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.