Video: Aromatic lamb navarin
Lamb and chunky vegetables slowly cooked in a stock flavoured with cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and mixed herbs - it doesn't get tastier than this!
- 900g lean lamb fillets or leg steaks, all visible fat removed
- 200g baby carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 baby courgettes, halved lengthways and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 200ml lamb stock
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker pot, season and stir.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on MEDIUM or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Tip: Serve with at least one-third of a plate of Speed food on an Extra Easy day... and increase that to at least half a plate of Speed food if you're following Extra Easy SP.