Trifle isn't just for Christmas as this autumn fruit-filled delight proves! Tuck in and enjoy - you're Food Optimising!
- 1 sachet sugar-free orange jelly crystals
- 400g canned pear slices, in natural juice
- 3 sponge fingers, roughly broken
- 200g fresh blackberries
- 8 level tbsp ready-made, low-fat custard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- ½ tsp artificial sweetener
- 1 piece of stem ginger, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder, to dust
- Make up the jelly with 425ml boiling water. Set aside to cool for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Drain the pears and put 1 tbsp of juice into each of 6 dessert glasses. Divide the sponge fingers between the glasses, gently toss to coat in juice and leave to soak for 1 minute.
- Mix the canned pear slices and blackberries together and divide between the glasses. Pour over the cooled jelly and chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or until set.
- Combine the custard and ground ginger and spoon over the set jelly mixture. Mix the fromage frais and sweetener together and spoon over. Decorate each trifle with slices of fresh pear and stem ginger cubes and sprinkle over ½ tsp of cocoa powder.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.