Trifle isn't just for Christmas as this autumn fruit-filled delight proves! Tuck in and enjoy - you're Food Optimising!
- 1 sachet sugar-free orange jelly crystals
- 400g canned pear slices, in natural juice
- 3 sponge fingers, roughly broken
- 200g fresh blackberries
- 8 level tbsp ready-made, low-fat custard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- ½ tsp artificial sweetener
- 1 piece of stem ginger, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder, to dust
- Make up the jelly with 425ml boiling water. Set aside to cool for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Drain the pears and put 1 tbsp of juice into each of 6 dessert glasses. Divide the sponge fingers between the glasses, gently toss to coat in juice and leave to soak for 1 minute.
- Mix the canned pear slices and blackberries together and divide between the glasses. Pour over the cooled jelly and chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or until set.
- Combine the custard and ground ginger and spoon over the set jelly mixture. Mix the fromage frais and sweetener together and spoon over. Decorate each trifle with slices of fresh pear and stem ginger cubes and sprinkle over ½ tsp of cocoa powder.