Squash and sweet potato are seriously satisfying and they taste amazing in this luxurious stew.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 10 lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 600g prepared butternut squash and sweet potato chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml boiling vegetable stock
- 200g trimmed green beans
- Spray a large saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, onion, squash, sweet potato and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, dried herbs, tomato purée and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the green beans and cook for a further 8 minutes or until piping hot.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into warmed bowls to serve.
Tip: You can buy packs of prepared squash and sweet potato in some supermarkets. Any leftover stew can be made into a delicious soup by whizzing it in a blender with some more stock.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.