Sometimes you can't beat the delicious simplicity of an egg custard – we're sure your family will agree! It's low-Syn and perfect for a snack or a delicious pud.
- 4 medium eggs
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus a little extra to decorate
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of grated fresh nutmeg
- 200g mixed raspberries, blueberries and hulled and halved strawberries, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl until frothy.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, vanilla, sweetener and half the cinnamon until almost boiling, then pour into the eggs in a slow drizzle, whisking continuously.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large measuring jug. Stir in the orange juice and most of the zest, then divide the mixture between 4 ramekins and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 50 minutes-1 hour, or until just set.
- Leave to cool, then chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and orange zest. Serve with the mixed berries.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.