Sometimes you can't beat the delicious simplicity of an egg custard – we're sure your family will all agree! It's low-Syn and perfect for a snack or served as a delicious pud.
- 4 medium eggs
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus a little extra to decorate
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 200g mixed raspberries, blueberries and hulled and halved strawberries, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl until frothy.
- In a pan, heat the milk, vanilla, sweetener and half the cinnamon until nearly boiling, then pour into the eggs in a slow drizzle, whisking continuously.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large measuring jug. Stir in the orange juice and most of the zest, then divide the mixture between 4 ramekins and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until just set.
- Leave to cool, then chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and zest. Serve with the mixed berries.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group