A hearty one-pot meal with a delicious combination of flavours. For a meatier dish, add chunks of cooked chicken, ham or bacon when you add the eggs.
- 400g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 300ml passata
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- A handful of basil, to serve
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and pepper and stir-fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the potatoes and beans, then add the tomatoes, passata and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Season and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir through the spinach and allow to wilt. Make 4 shallow indents in the mixture and crack an egg into each one. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, or place under a medium-hot grill, until the eggs are set to your liking. Add a twist of black pepper and serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
Tip: Swap Worcestershire sauce for any Free vegetarian alternative to make the recipe vegetarian-friendly.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group