This easy recipe is a brilliant way to avoid wasting sprouts and makes a deliciously Free light meal at the same time!
- low-calorie cooking spray
- ½ leek, thinly sliced
- 350g leftover boiled floury potatoes, such as King Edward, chopped into small chunks
- 175g leftover cooked Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs*
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the leek, 1 tsp water and some seasoning, then cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just soft.
- Put the boiled potatoes into a large bowl and crush them with the back of a fork. Mix in the sprouts and leek and season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into 4 cakes, each about 2.5cm thick, by pressing the mixture into an 8-9cm plain pastry cutter. Place them on a plate, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Half-fill a large deep frying pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. The water is ready for the eggs when you can see just a few bubbles rising from the base. Add the vinegar and a good pinch of salt.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the bauble and squeak cakes and fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs one at a time into a ramekin or teacup and slide them into the bubbling water. Leave them to poach for 3 minutes, then lift them out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Put the cakes on to warmed plates and top with the eggs. Sprinkle the eggs with a little seasoning and serve hot with your favourite vegetables or salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.